Exporting scenes as web pages

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but is there a way to export a project with multiple scenes and have each scene in a separate folder whilst having all resource/script etc... in a common shared folders?

PS: exporting scenes individually does not work as resources etc... are not exported to common folders

There's not a way to do this, but it makes for a good feature request!

Right now you'd have to manually do some work to stitch it together.

The biggest hurdle may be in the "Automatically optimize when exporting" option for image resources, which for each scene-based export would find the maximum size the image is used at and potentially shrink the image down. So if two scenes use the same image at different sizes, you could wind up with a non-optimal image depending on how you merged it together. For this reason, I would recommend doing a single complete export, and using that as your base .hyperesources folder.

Then, you would just need to move all the individual *_hype_generated_script.js files into that one particular folder.

The final step would be taking all the .html files and changing the script src to reflect the singular name of the .hyperesources folder. (note: There are some setups where this alone may not be enough to work properly, and you may also need to search in the *_hype_generated_script.js file and also replace the .hyperesources folder name)

Yes this would be a great addition to generate static sites!

This is exactly what I was going to do if the option was not available - thanks for confirming.

1 Like

I started writing a script to handle the above a realized that 'Jump to scene' actions no longer work when export individual scenes. Is there a way that I can extract these from the *_hype_generated_script.js file maybe?

I don't think there would be a particular easy way to change this unfortunately. I suspect looking for the particular way we store the data and doing a text find and replace would be too generic and not work right. There is an event system in Hype, but the HypeSceneUnload event isn't fired if the scene doesn't exist, and even if it were, it doesn't give information on what the next scene will be.

This is a common request though - we already have an item in our tracker to convert Jump to Scene actions to Go to URL actions automatically when doing this type of advanced export. For now, you will need to manually change these.

There's plenty of reasons for exporting scenes as separate .html pages, but if the only reason you want to export as individual pages is for distinct URLs you may want to look at this: