Export to Hype (Adobe Photoshop Edition)

WHAT?!

This is really a missed opportunity for Tumult. A software store would be advantageous for everybody. Tumult could get a commission on each sale. Content creators could get paid. Designers / consumers could save time and get better content.

I've been kicking around the idea of the gaming competition again. So, I looked at music. (That's one of my biggest obstacles to making a quality game.) The Unreal Engine Marketplace is loaded with stuff. There were so many to choose from — Music | For Video Games & Visualization Projects - UE Marketplace

...but since I didn't even see a holiday sale from Tumult, that doesn't seem likely. (Whisk makes a big to-do over joining the mailing list, but there wasn't a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale?!)

As an alternative, maybe it should be released as an App on the Mac App Store? I did that with Wrapping and it was OK. I've been thinking about bringing it back. Apple's small business announcement makes the Mac App Store more competitive.

@jonathan — You seeing this? This is a missed opportunity. I don't have Photoshop, and I haven't used this software, but a lot of people here obviously like it. Tumult has a marketing problem. My attention is elsewhere, but this is precisely why I've been thinking about the gaming competition. Much of the world doesn't know about the awesomeness going on here.

Thanks, but I am also realistic. I set myself up to serve a tiny need but I didn't expect it to be that tiny. But if you plot it… it kind of makes sense:

From the huge creative market only a portion uses Adobe Photoshop and from that only a small subset are Mac Users. Now from all Mac User a fraction uses Hype and I placed a "product" (because depended on all these factor) on the tiny red intersection.

Plot is certainly not to exact proportions and as much as I love the Mac and Hype I think getting it visually accurate would even yield worse odds.

1 Like

I'm very sorry, because it's a great tool. Do you know the number of downloads? If there is a mismatch between downloads and purchases, I think there may be a problem of a certain amount of selfishness. If there is no such imbalance, it would be a failure in the visibility of the product.

Unfortunately I don't use Photoshop since some years ago and I downloaded the tool to check that it doesn't work with Affinity.

Hi Max / All:
I purchased the Commercial "Export to Hype" tool after the sale to support Max's advanced project and overall Hype contributions. Even if it takes time to grow in popularity, I am glad I could benefit from the learning either way. I historically used the CS6 Production Suite but have moved to using Adobe CC on a monthly basis when needed.

I also recommend too others that you consider supporting the forum leaders whenever possible. I am learning Hype and trying out all the priceless example files. The forum leader support has been exceptional.

Check out:

to support Max.

If I new other opportunities to buy coffee's or support forum leaders, I would expand my support further.

Patrick McLean

6 Likes

↑ look at project
1.0.4 Released as Open Source (MIT), Added Hype Template export type, Simplified logo for slim Script UI image resource, Added ImageOptim and ImageAlpha support

This tool is now open source and much more capable:

Big thanks to @ktewes for supporting and enabling this release!

5 Likes

↑ look at project
1.0.5 Fixed LayerSet regression, to allow bounds with transparency, Fixed rounding error in retina mode

↑ look at project
1.0.6 Fixed bug by replacing the duplication method, Fixed bug that caused an invisible symbol in the library

Thanks to @theron_hp for reporting the duplication bug

2 Likes

↑ look at project
1.0.7 Removed mdfind and assuming ImageOptim and ImageAlpha at fixed paths, Added option to set default or force colors reduction

2 Likes

I am so excited for the adobe illustrator version of this!

4 Likes

↑ look at project
1.0.8 Fixed error when ImageAlpha wasn't installed

Thanks to @petester for reporting the bug

Feedback on the new version is welcome! Send me a DM with any findings, or even better, leave an issue on GitHub. Please send me your Photoshop file that fails as well...

3 Likes

@MaxZieb This is the best thing that has ever happened to Hype, Thank you for contributing this script app whatever you want to call it @Jonathan I totally agree with your response about this Export Script. Please stay awake for 3 shots of espresso's on me :smiley: and theres more where that came from, now more extensions like this please.

2 Likes

What about from pixelmator to tumult Hype??

1 Like

@MaxZieb if I may ask, can you please have the exported template open after imageoptim compression is completed in hype?

Also, I noticed something rather strange the size of PS2023 Document is not the same as when its exported to as a Hype Template.

Also, the versioning is off I just downloaded from your GitHub via zip file, which was created Nov 7, 2022 file it says 1.0.7, shouldn't it be 1.0.8 since you fixed this?

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 3.45.18 PM

Slight oversight updating the version string. As there are no consequences that should really matter. I'll be looking into this project in January again. Specially, with Photoshop 2023 (which is currently quitting on me) there have been some changes under the hood by Adobe.

1 Like

Thanks buddy, either way the tool is great. Looking forward to you fixing these bugs in the coming months

1 Like