Export as Movie (change Codec and details)

I want to export my animation as HD source.

Current settings Hype export Settings:
H264, 30fps, 1.74 MBit/s

Following requirements
from Apple:

• Codec Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
  • ITU-R BT.709 color space, file tagged correctly as 709
  • VBR expected at about 220 Mbps

Is this possible?
Where can I change these settings in the hype?

Martin111

Hi Martin:

You will need to convert your video using a program like ‘Compressor’ to get that type of file format.

The MP4 video that Hype exports is compressed (lossy), so you may want to use a screen recorder like Screenflow to capture an original lossless video of your animation when playing in a browser.

Hi Daniel,

I am a bit confused:
From a compressed movie from (H264) to decompressed movie is not possible?
For example, a JPG to a RAW. Quality and image information is lost? Have I misunderstood something….

My projekt file (animation) in Hype is 1440 x 1080 Pixels.

• After the export as movie from Hype, i will import this movie in Adobe After Effects for final composition for losless (HD) Production
  • As next step i will use Adobe Media Encoder.

A question:
Is it better to work in Hype in double pixel size (2880x2160 Pixels)?
And after that import in After Effect in 50% size for better quality…?

Martin111

If you need a really high resolution video, I recommend using Screenflow. Screen flow can record uncompressed video, and export very high resolution video.

That being said, you might not notice quality problems with Hype's standard mp4 export -- I recommend testing it out. After Effects can ingest the MP4 format.

If you are exporting as HD (1080p), you should be fine with the 1080 lines of resolution in your 1440x1080 document. I recommend doing a test and seeing if the quality is suitable for your needs.

Keep in mind that you can always slow down your animations, and then speed them up later. In a browser, you might not be able to get a full 30FPS, but if your animation is twice as long, you can compress time and bump up the frame rate.