Exit ClickTag too sensitive on IOS

Hi Tumult Forums!

We are creating HTML5 creative in Hype and we had some issue regarding IOS.

Our CTR is way too high and after some investigations, we have found that this issue comes from the creative being way too sensitive on our ios mobile app.

People who accidentally scroll over the ad are instantly redirected. Did any of you have seen and resolved that issue? Is there a way to make the touch event being less sensitive on ios app?

Thanks

I haven't heard of this being a problem. Assuming you aren't using the clicktag-triggering event on a viewport enter/exit handler, my guess would be that you are setting it using the On Mouse Down (Touch Start) event which will immediately fire when a tap begins. Instead it should be placed on an On Mouse Click (Tap) event, which will not fire if the tap position changes, like in the case of a drag-to-scroll.

If that does not fix it for you, feel free to send the document, which export script you are using if any, and a sample context where it is embedded as I'd be curious what is going on.

Hi Jonathan,

I have the same probleme here. The media reach out to us in december saying that the creatives are too sensitive when displayed in an IOS app. Seems like every banner we do has this problem, and that Google web designer has it too. The click rate is way higher than normal because the web page get called on scroll or open multiple times. We are already using the tap event. The export script used is the DoubleClickDCM (Tumult Hype — Export Scripts).

Do you have specific steps/setup and a sample document that might allow us to fully test this and reproduce the behavior? Unfortunately without it, I think we'd be shooting in the dark.

That said, as a shot in the dark, you may want to try unchecking Use Touch Events in the document inspector and see if that helps.