Ex Adobe Edge Animate User looking at viability of Hype

(Cipriano Mauricio) #1

I liked EA for itโ€™s ease of use. Unfortunately Adobe has discontinued support. Not happy.

I need to create a project that looks similar to this:

Can you create this with Hype?

Looks like it can be broken down into different sections and using menu and anchor tags to navigate between sections.

Thanks!

(๐•„๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•–๐• ๐”พ๐•’๐•ฃ๐• ๐•—๐•’๐•๐• ) #2

This might be what youโ€™re looking forโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s an โ€œActionโ€ for elements. The menu is easy. Itโ€™s just a group that sits at the bottom. Or if you want to breakup the layout into scenes, and not just have vertical scrolling, a persistent symbol is also another way to do the menu.

(Jonathan Deutsch) #3

The animations themselves look pretty doable - Iโ€™m a biased source but Hype is generally more powerful than Edge Animate was ;).

The viewport actions (aka waypoints) are a great way to trigger animations when scrolled to. It is up to you on how you want to break it up; you could do the whole page as one large Hype document, or split it up into different documents and glue it together via HTML. Iโ€™d personally do separate animations because it will be easier to work with.

Thereโ€™s a 14-day fully functional trial, so the best way is to play around and make sure it can accomplish what you want.

(Cipriano Mauricio) #4

Thanks Michael!

(Cipriano Mauricio) #5

Thanks Jonathan! Iโ€™ll take it for a spin.

How would you animated the numbers counting up to a specific value?
Can you animate stroking a percent of a circle or semicircle. i.e 28% of it.

Thanks again.

(Jonathan Deutsch) #6

The text contents (InnerHTML) of elements is animatable, so you could make keyframes. Iโ€™ve seen others drive it with code, which might be easier if youโ€™re familiar with JavaScript.

Hype uses the HTML5 DOM, so a little bit of trickery is involved in making a a circular element like that. These threads have example documents making a circle loader with numbering:

(Cipriano Mauricio) #7

Great! I will try these.

Wow! Great advise. Looks like there is a thriving community here with invaluable resources and idea exchanges. I truly appreciate all the feedback. Much Mahalo (thanks in Hawaiian)! - Aloha

(elcalibano) #8

Thanks!