Embed Hype in an Invision Community block

Hi all! :slight_smile:

Anyone here having experience putting an Hype animation into a 'custom block' using the 'Invision' forum pagebuilder blockmanager forum software?

I'm having difficulties making the Hype part properly responsive.

What happens is that on sizing the browsers window down I get a black bar above and below the Hype animation that keeps the size of the "box" it is in, at a fixed height. Probably because of the height in the iframe but when I do not use this height or try to use a percentage, the hype animation becomes stamp sized.

I tried making the iframe responsive according to this W3 schools tutorial but that had sadly zero effect, the hype animation becomes stamp sized in a left corner.

This is my 'block' code:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="671px" scrolling="no" src="https://website.com/forum/index.php?/intro.html/" style="display:block" width="100%"></iframe>

In this 'block' is the 'intro.html' hype file code...

<div id="intro24f_hype_container" class="HYPE_document" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:100%;height:100%;overflow:hidden;">

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://website.com/intro2_.hyperesources/intro2_hype_generated_script.js?85008"></script>
  </div>

...with a css styled as this:

html {
height:100%;
}
body {
background-color:#232323;
margin:0;
}

And this block must be placed into a wrapper which has this style:

<style>
		html {
		}
		body {
			background-color:#000;
			margin:0;
		}

</style>

The Hype animation self has these settings:
Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 10.50.18

And the group, the animation is in, is set to this:
Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 10.50.43

The Hype animation sizes perfectly down, exept when used in the invision block environment then I get black bars top/bottom when sizing the browserwindow down.

Anyone any idea's how to fix this maybe?
Thank you in advance!

It sounds like a similar problem I had with WordPress. So, I did this…

1 Like

Well thank you for taking the time to reply! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately that didn't work. And the
<div class="hype-box-16x9">[hypeanimations_anim id="1"]</div>
doesn't work with the forum software.

I'll look further, otherwise I just take the bars for what they are or completely change my approach.

Still thank you! :+1:

[hypeanimations_anim id="1"]

should of course be your iframeelement

depending on the browsersupport you need aspect-ratio - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN is the easiest approach

anyway: providing a link is always a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like