Eloquent Javascript (free book with code editor on examples)

Eloquent JavaScript is a book that covers the fundamentals of programming in the JavaScript language. The book is divided into three main sections: language, browser, and node. The first section covers the basics of the JavaScript language, including variables, data types, operators, and control flow. The second section covers the browser environment, including the Document Object Model (DOM) and event handling. The final section covers the node environment, including modules, file I/O, and networking.

It is free to read, and the first few sections are great for getting started with JavaScript:

https://eloquentjavascript.net/

11 Likes

Would be the knowledge of basic (vanilla) JavaScript enough to be able to build functions that will work directly inside Hype or is it not as simple? I have noticed that a knowledge of Hype's programming interface API is required to produce functional HTML 5 games. My challenge is when I start looking for a web-based game developer's help, what kind of a programmer I have to look for to make it happen in Hype?

The knowledge of Hype's programming interface is required for the functions to work directly in Hype.

The Hype API is just an extra set of functions that are used to interact with the Hype software. If you know basic JavaScript, you should be able to use the Hype API without too much trouble.

2 Likes