Drag N Drop Upload to php

(Steve) #1

Has anyone used dropzoneJs successfully. I can’t seem to find any examples but have played around with other drag and drop examples from here. I have no problem with php and a simple html form… but as soon as i drop something on the mark zone, it results in showing off the file i dropped locally, instead of being recognized.

I will make an example to show what i have tried to do. I did it in a big project, so will get something here soon… but for the time being does anyone else use any type of drag and drop upload?

thanks

Are you testing locally on MAMP / WAMP?

PHP is server side scripting. You need a server that can run PHP.

(Steve) #3

On WAMP :slight_smile:

Yes… no problems there! Love PHP and have lots of site servers too! :smile:

okely dokely

Just to clarify. You’ve tried using PHP and a simple form?

and it’s working this way?

If so … ?
if not, try making sure your php.ini has file_uploads = on

(Steve) #5

Yes I have tested out the script. Works no problems with a regular html form and php receiver.

I have put together the innerHTML and drop zone in example and included the css, js, and php file.

DragDropFileUpload.zip (27.5 KB)

(Steve) #6

I have had a break thru today with this script. Will post the answer here soon. Drag n Drop and upload almost complete. Stayed up way to late last night… Scripts that can drive a person to wits end. Then the next day you wake up and try something different, and viola, the script works… :slight_smile: Thanks for any one why attempted!