DOM refresh on scene change

(Lukas) #1

Hello,

I’ve built a 30 slides presentation in Hype 3.5. Now I need to create 25 different language version for it (I know, a lot!). I’ve built javascript function that takes language file and substitutes html within all text classes with a specific language version. That works brilliant. Now, I’ve noticed html updates on every scene change and on every scene change it reverts back to original language file - easy fix is to run language reload function again but things are getting a bit slow at that point… that’s because html updates during screne transition and transitions between slides look horrible.

Is there any way I can update DOM once and that change will carry on across all slides and won’t change during scene change?

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #2

hi Lukas,

to avoid this default behaviour what about wrapping the whole scenebunch into a persistent symbol. (each scenecontent = persistent symbol)
those can persist and remain. may be crude, didn’t test it …

nice day :slight_smile:

(Lukas) #3

Yeah, I’ve tried it but it doesn’t seem to work…

(Hans-Gerd Claßen) #4

works when initialized once.
holdChanges.hype.zip (22.8 KB)

good luck! now it depends on how much effort it for you to change your file :wink:

(Jonathan Deutsch) #5

As a canonical FYI - Part of Hype’s scene loading is to reset all content, including inner HTML content.