We have not received other reports of this issue and not hit it ourselves. The selection halo is technically drawn in a separate borderless child window that overlays the main document window. As such, from time to time we've seen and fixed a few things that can cause drawing issues. For example, most recently we fixed an issue where using Apple's "Window > Move to iPad" sidecar feature had a bug where it didn't properly move the child window as well. That is to say, while we haven't heard of anything recent, it isn't unheard of that an unidentified problem may exist here.
- What version of macOS are you running?
- What version of Hype are you running?
- Do you have a multiple display setup?
- Do you run any software that might otherwise change how windows are positioned or displayed?
- Are there any specific things you do before this occurs? (including Changing apps, using exposé/mission control/etc?)
Anything you can relay on how your setup or workflow might be non-standard could help identify the cause. Thanks!