Deploying Google AdMob's interstitial ads in an app

I’m not sure if this is really the right category for this but it was the closest I could find; so here goes.

First of all I apologise for what may turn out to be an asinine question. I’m generally a very tenacious sourcer of info but I’m genuinely flailing around getting nowhere this time; so any help, advice or steers in the right direction will be very, very gratefully received!

Basically, I’m working on building an app with Hype; an app that will be published for Android and iOS.

THE PROBLEM
What I’d like to do is call a one-off instance of an AdMob interstitial ad when a user swipes from one specific scene to the next. I know I’m probably being really thick but I genuinely cannot for the life of me fathom out whether or not this is even possible, let alone how it might be done?!?

The good folk at Google appear (to me, at least) to have made the task of deploying AdMob ads pretty much the most difficult thing in the whole wide world, which is somewhat counterintuitive as it’s surely in their interest that the ads are out there and garnering money… but I digress.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience of how the above might be affected (or whether or not it’s possible) I would be eternally grateful for any thoughts or insights or info, or any tips about how better to tackle the idea.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers in advance :slight_smile:

Frannie x