Delete unused Resources

Hi all,
didn´t find anything about this: I´m trying to reuse a previous Hype project as fundament for a new one. When I try to delete the old - now unused - images out of the ressources library Hype says, this can´t be done, since the elements are still in use and referenced. This occurs even if I deleted all the scenes before. Any idea?

Thanks in advance, regards
Kalle

I’ve had that happen and it was because the image was still being use in another scene.

Thanks Greg for your quick reply. But - as I mentioned - this happens though I deleted every scene of the document.?

then can you share your hype file?

This sounds like a bug. Could you please submit an issue from within Hype, using Help > Report an Issue? When you do so, please also include your document in the Issue Reporter’s Attachments section, and ensure that the “Send logs, preferences, and system information” checkbox is checked.

?Hi Daniel,

everything is working fine now. I didn´t recognize, that you have to delete the symbol in the first step and than the imported object. But - does it really make sense, to delete objects out of the library instantly, when I delete the instance of an object on the stage, resp. when I delete an symbol, containing the object, out of the library? May be, I want to use the object in an other way, create a new object and so on. At the moment, I always have to reimport it.

Thanks and best regards,

Kalle

By default we remove elements which are no longer used in the document, but we provide an option for that on a per-element basis:

I think this default behavior is correct because you would otherwise end up with a large amount of unused resources.