dCam - Dynamic Hype Camera using Hype 3.5 features v1

I am rescuing this topic from the depths. :roll_eyes:

I'm experimenting with the dCam created by @Luckyde with the revision made by @MaxZieb (v1.1.) I think it's wonderful!

The thing is that the camera is created in a 1920 x 1080 px format and I need it in another dimension, in this case 1000 x 425 px. So, changing the size of the camera deforms the output image. I have tried changing the size of the symbol and also of the rectangles inside the symbol. The result is the same: deformation.

I have looked as best as I can how it is built and I have created a new one with the dimensions I need and I have put the class names and removed them from the original camera.

And it works! But when I delete the original dCam, the new camera stops working and looks like a normal symbol again, with all the lines and RGB squares. Why does this happen, what am I doing wrong? I don't mind having it but I think it would be cleaner to delete it.

Here I share the Hype file. dCam_Test.hype.zip (1,3 MB)

It's just an example because I can't share the original project, but it has practically the same elements.

1 Like

Damn didn't think people would still use this after all these years hahah! The reason why yours seems to be not working is links? I got it to work by removing some of the extra scripts and files

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.39.00 PM
you dont need these , remove em

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.36.24 PM
you dont need the key / value? just set the class name

and attach the cam script to the new cam
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.36.16 PM
so on load it kicks in, works for me!
dCam_Test 2.hype.zip (1.3 MB)
file might not load i might be on the wrong version

4 Likes

Hahaha, surprises of life.
Thank you very much for the help, I'm learning this way.
I find it a very interesting tool to work on panoramic presentations.

It works perfectly with these changes :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Hi @Luckyde, nice that you are still listening and even supporting the code! This script is just the best and one of my all-time favorites and classics on the forum. I love the hell out of it as it is so compact and effective. I keep thinking that its capabilities are heavily underrated! Could be used in so many scenarios…

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with @MaxZieb. Even I, with no idea of code, have been able to use it easily. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes