Crossfade between scenes flashes objects just before transition

(Caleb Land) #1

Hello,

I’ve been using Hype for a day so I’m sure I’m overlooking something obvious.

I have a banner image slider that has three slides.

On each slide I’m animating the text elements into the scene from off-canvas, and then after 10 seconds I’m animating them out again.

Then I have a timeline action that automatically goes to the next scene:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/473648/Hype/R3%20Home%20Slider.html

The problem is that when I use a crossfade transition between the scenes the text objects (which should be off-screen) pop back for a second while the transition is going at the top of the banner.

If I use an instant scene transition it this doesn’t happen.

Here is my project file: R3 Home Slider.hype.zip (342.8 KB)

Thanks for any help!
Caleb

(Mark Hunte) #2

Try two things.

On Each scene’s timeline push the change scene key frame forward so it triggers a few milliseconds after the text has got out of the way. I think there is a clash on the two actions trying to complete at the same time.

Also select each Scenes contents group and set the content overflow to hidden ( Metrics inspector)

Doing this seemed to clear the issue for me.

By the way your text banners are wrapping which means they will be hanging down. Widen the text box…

(Caleb Land) #3

@MarkHunte Thanks for your suggestions, I will give them a try.

I think the boxes are wrapping because I’m using a font that isn’t available, but will be on the final site.

I’ll reply with my results.

-Caleb

(Mark Hunte) #4

Ok.

Thinking about it ( and tested) you don’t need to set the hidden unless you want it. I originally suggested that part just to make sure that the text was not seen when going up beyond it’s container.

The moving the keyframe fixes the issue for me completely.