Creating HTML Widgets With Hype

Hello Folks,

I’m new to Hype but have worked with digital signage platforms for many years. We have created and deployed HTML5 widgets in the past using other software but I am not finding that my files are working when scheduled.

I created a basic layout in Hype and then “Export to HTML”. From there, I take the index.html and other files/folders in the hyperesources directory and add it to a zip file. I then simply change the “.zip” file extension to “.wgt”

This methodology has worked for me in the past when using Google Web Designer or other authoring tools. Can’t seem to figure out how to make this work and welcome any tips for making widgets. Thanks.

For what platform are you building HTML widgets for?

You can create a .wdgt file from Hype by selecting File > Export as HTML > Dashboard/iBooks Author widget.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

I am deploying the content for a digital signage platform. It only recognizes .wgt file extensions so I am not able to use .wdgt.

In the past, I would put the index.html file in the root of a zip folder along with the various subfolders containing the website assets. Once zipped up, I simply rename the .zip folder to .wgt and then push it out to my digital screens. This is not working for some reason and I am stuck trying to figure out how to export to HTML5 and then create a wgt file from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solved the issue. Was related to the the application I was using for compressing to zip. Tried another program and it worked. Issue was not with Hype export, rather with Mac zip application. Thanks for your help.