Contenteditable - iOS and actions

Hi all. It seems, that textfields with the HTML-Attribute 'contenteditable = true' cannot be edited in iOS, if there´s any action (no matter if JS or start Timeline and so on...) connected to the input field. Any ideas?

Best regards, Kalle

contenteditable_ios.zip (31.5 KB)

you can always add your own eventlistener for 'input', 'click'... should work ... not tested. seems Hyperelated ...

1 Like

Maybe you could take an input element and make it look like a regular box? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I've wasted hours wondering why textfields with the HTML-Attribute 'contenteditable = true' only worked sometimes on iOS. Now I know! I hope this is just a bug and can be fixed. :crossed_fingers:

Hey Max here, the Hype Action Events guy… :wink:

Using an action event works as it bubbles the event rather than assigning it directly to the element.

3 Likes

You can also uncheck Use Touch Events from the Document Inspector and it should work.

4 Likes

Thanks all for having a look at this. Finally Jonathan´s solution worked best, since I didn´t have to adjust my desktop version to the mobile version. Still a little bit buggy, but overall - it works.

Chinese Zodiac

2 Likes

sheep/goat :slight_smile: fits quite good :wink:

Rabbit... hmmm :thinking: :joy:

:cloud: :wind_face::dragon: :dragon_face: