Computer Upgrade Dates

I cannot figure why this code is not executing. I have been working on this for weeks, but I have yet to get it to execute. Any input would be helpful.

 <!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<p id="demo">Computer Upgrade Dates.</p>

<script>
	var today = newDate();
    var UpgradeDay = newDate("January 1, 2022");
    var msPerDay = 24*60*60*1000;
    
    //Here we calculate the additional time for each group
    //Just adding the extra number of days for the group
    //and we get the upgrade date for that group
    
    var additionalTimeForEachGroup = UpgradeDay.getTime() + (10 * msPerDay);
    var timeLeft  (additionalTimeForEachGroup - today.getTime());
    var days = timeLeft/msPerDay;
    var daysLeft Math.floor(days);
    
    document.getElementID ("demo").innerHTML
    	there are only <h4> $(daysLeft) days </h4> until your Computer Upgrade
        
</script>

</body>
</html>

Your post is missing any context or code.

  • I fixed your post.
  • You should run this function on scene load.
  • I removed some code errors

Here is an example I got running. Didn't check your time calculations logic, but it seams to work.
fixedDateCounter.hype.zip (15,4 KB)

This doesn't look like the question is related to the HTML5 animation app, Hype. If not then you may want to find a different forum for help.