Clicktag for Emerse and other hosting

Hey there and thank you so much for the scripts you provide for clicktags. I am wondering if it's possible to create one for Emerse (and others, see Ps. below :joy:). I am sitting here creating 63 banners and they all have to be for Emerse.

Not very good with code solutions inside of hype so I always add it in the html file after export. Although 63 will take some time haha. Emerse code look like this.

(In header)

<script>
function EmerseClick(e, url) {
e.preventDefault();
if (window.location.hash) {
url = encodeURIComponent(url);
url = decodeURIComponent(window.location.hash.substring(1)) + url;
}
window.open(url, '_blank');
}
</script>

(After header in body)

<a href="https://www.landingpage.com" onClick="EmerseClick(event, 'https://www.landingpage.com')">

Thanks!

Ps. There are also hosts like Bid Theatre, Appnexus, Sizmek, Delta Projects and so on. Very time consuming haha

Hype has an automation/extension system called Export Scripts that helps with changing the exported files like what you want to do. It is mainly for packaging up ad files.

At the bottom of the page, you will find an export script for Sizmek, along with some others.

If you're familiar with Python, you could potentially make your own for other ad systems. The DoubleClick DCM one is a good starting point, since it uses a clickTag:

We could probably also build some more out; if you have links to the the Emerse or other specs let us know and we'd be happy to work with you to build and test them.

2 Likes

I know about the export scripts. That's what I gave a big thank you for :slight_smile: I always use them for ads / banners (that's the issue I have right now, 63 banners) but this time around it's an Emerse export script I could use.

Ps. Awesome idea about specs. I will send you links to creative requirements for html5 for other hosts :slight_smile:

Feel free to DM me; also if you have a working ad that matches the specs that'd be great so I can make sure to properly match. Thanks!