Can't find the connected object

Hi,
how can I find a connected object?
I want to delete a sound file but it appears to be linked somewhere in my project.
But I do not know where.

Sorry, there is probably a simple solution, but I'm a bit stressed at the moment.

Thanks.

I don think it is easy to do it from the resource lib to the scene or element list.

What would be good is if the alert told you more detail and gave you an option to select the object in the element list area.

Still looking to find you a way.

Yes, it would be good if the link is displayed in resources list.
So I don't know how to find the link.
In my case there are 7 MB (soundfiles) that I would like to delete from the project.

I did think I had a way be searching the hype generated script for first the file name then the id number given to it. Which by looking at the hierarchy could possible show the scene name it was on. But that proved to not work well on different projects.

I think the simplest thing to do is select each element in the element list. and if you don't know what it is referring to then use the 'Reveal in resource library' contextual menu on it.
Incidentally I think when sound files are dropped on a scene, they become buttons.

That would be a lot of files in my project. :neutral_face:
In addition, there is also the possibility to include actions with sounds (play sound, stop sound), which are then not in the file list.

The best way would be the reverse search. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sadly there's not a reverse lookup at the moment, but this is clearly something that should exist!

2 Likes