Can't connect to Hype Reflect

Hey guys,
Has anyone had any recent issues with hype reflect?
I’ve had problems for the last week where I can’t connect to my tablets for hype reflect.

I tried
Updating my ios
disabling firewall
making sure hype and the tablets are on the same network
restarting both tablet and desktop
reinstalling Hype and Hype reflect

None of which seem to do any effect. Was wondering if anyone else has had any issues and if they’ve figured out a way to solve it.

(mac os - 10.10.3)
Thanks!

I haven't used Hype Reflect recently, but I remember having trouble with it. Sometimes, it just doesn't want to connect. This is actually similar to the trouble I was having with "Duet" today. I was like, why isn't it working. I unplugged the iPad, I relaunched the app on the iPad, I restarted the Mac... nothing!

Yet, here's the keyword in your post that I noticed...

It seems that you're using more than one device. I noticed that "Duet" started working for me again after I disconnected and reconnected my iPhone – a second, but inactive device.

So...

1 - Did you try relaunching the app too, not just restarting?
2 - Maybe turn off the extra devices and focus on getting one devices to work first.

1 - Did you try relaunching the app too, not just restarting?

Yep, no effect

2 - Maybe turn off the extra devices and focus on getting one devices to work first.

I never really had them running simutaniously but i tried to clear the recent devices and still no luck on that end.

Yeah its been frustrating recently , i don't know what changed caused it to stop recognising all devices(i've got 1 on ios8 and 1 on 9 and still no dice)

Can you try restarting your router? Hype Reflect uses your local network to discover devices and this will renew the lease for all your devices. If you can, try turning off wifi for all but your Mac and your Phone to test this out.

Upgrade to OS X 10.10.5. In Yosemite, Apple introduced a new method for bonjour discovery called "discoveryd" that was complete crap. They pulled it in 10.10.4 and went back to the 10.9 and below method (mDNSResponder). This has reduced our reports of Hype Reflection connection issues by 155,000%.

(granted, even with mDNSResponder there can still be issues, it is pretty bad too).

That worked! I couldn’t reset the router since its at work, but yeah the update fixed it. Thanks Jonathan!

1 Like