Can the 5 digit js parameter be the same every time I export?

In the div text we have to copy and paste to show the hype file, it comes with a bit of code that looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="MyProject.hyperesources/MyProject_hype_generated_script.js?62603" Why does the 5 digit parameter (62603 in the example) always change when I modify and re-export? Can I export it without generating a new parameter? It means I have to go in and manually change the text on the website wherever the file appears, which gets tedious in my use case. There is nowhere in the MyProject_hype_generated_script.js file that has those digits, so I'm not sure what they do.

It's a cache buster, here's a bit more info on why we include it:

Is it unsupported by the platform you're showing your Hype animation on?

1 Like

Not as such.
Are you saying the parameter is essentially just to fool the browser cache and has no effect on the actual embedded file being displayed?
I’m using the same file on several pages of a Weebly site, and updating it requires editing each instance. If I can ignore the parameter thing, then making changes (so many stupid changes) means I don’t have to do that, I can just upload the new ‘MyProject_hype_generated_script.js’ file and it’s good to go.

Yup -- it's a random number that has no effect on your animations. It should save you some headache in that reuploading your JS file won't require clearing your browser cache.

Well, I tried it with a dummy number and it worked fine, so apparently I was worrying over nothing. I should have tried that first.

1 Like