Can Hype be a good choice for animated videos?

Hi,

I’m looking for an offline tool for animated videos and wondering if Hype is a good choice. Can you guys give me some advice?

Thank you in advance.

Hype’s pretty good for creating animations. The only major features that are missing are joints and lip sync. If you’re looking for something like that, and you want the output to be a video, then maybe Cartoon Animator 4 is what you’re looking for.

Hype is great for making web content – including animation. Also, Hype can export to video. So there’s the major difference between those two apps.

I don’t have many public examples of using Hype for animation. Here’s something showing the manual creation of particles…

https://photics.com/free-template-tuesday-15-tumult-hype-fishy/

There are even better examples on the forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why not just try the 14-day demo of Hype to see if it’s for you?

3 Likes

Yes it can be. I actually use it extensively for video exports with Hype 4. It reminds of me of apple motion in someways. One thing to note: I noticed when exporting with an Nvidia based gpu and a bit of an older Mac video exports aren’t as smooth one would get from say a modern mac such as MacBook Pro 16 vs Mac Pro 3,1 (Early 2008) 8 core with 32gigs of ram and a Nvidia 4gb gpu running mojave.

2 Likes

Thank you guys. To be more specific, I will make animated videos like product explainer videos, demo videos and the like.

Right now I am using Camtasia for screen recording and how-to videos but we all know that, Camtasia is not designed for comprehensive animations. I got to know Hype 3 years ago for interactive web content and now it’s good to know Hype is all possible for animated videos.