Button appears after "Level completed"

Hello everyone.

I am creating a small game where you have to differentiate between icons, pictograms and symbols. As you can see in the screenshot, the correct graphics have to be selected. Is there a way to make the "next level" button only appear when all the graphics have been selected correctly? Has anyone ever created something similar? I am happy about every tip or approach.

Hype-File.zip (279,2 KB)

That's quite straightforward. There are scripted solutions available, but you can also achieve it without scripting, using only Hype's built-in features. The attached example demonstrates the latter:

1. Create a new timeline (e.g., 'itemFound').
  2. For each item you want to find, create a timeline action 'Stop Timeline'.
  3. Now, each item to be found will have an additional click command: Continue Timeline -> itemFound.
  4. Set the Next button to be invisible.
  5. In the last frame of the 'itemFound' timeline, use a keyframe to make the button visible again.

If you're interested, I can also show you a scripted solution.

Icon-Symbol-Picotgram_Prototyp_kt.zip (303.5 KB)

2 Likes

That's super cool thanks! I wouldn't have thought that this would work without a script. This solution is perfect, thank you so much for your time and answer!

in case you are looking for a no-script-solution that can also handle the progress of simple gameinstances:

2 Likes

I think that can help me a lot with my project! Thanks for your answer! Super cool.

1 Like