Audio problem with ipad

Hi!
Thanks to all great Guru into this forum.
If possible i need your help.

I have a really simple scene test with only two buttons: “start music” & " stop music"… i can listen sound in safari and chrome preview, but no at all into ipad preview… i tried both an old ipad with ios 9, and a new ipad with the last ios.

What can i do? It’s really important for my next projects… i searched over the forum but i can’t find a fix. I hope is not a bug about hype…

Thanks a lot for your help.
Gianluigi

Sorry… i forgot: i notice a problem (in ios/android versions) also with the function “send an email”: chrome, safari ok… mobile nothon at all… really i don’t know if is my mistake or various problems in terms of hype/mobile version. But i see a lot of web app for ipad with suonds and music and i think is it possible to do with the amazing Hype… thanks for your support…

Best,
Gianluigi

@Glinteraction

Posting your Hype project (or an example Hype project that exhibits the issue) will be important for Forum members who would want to help You find a solution.

Hi!

thanks for your reply.

This is the file!

Test_Hype_GianluigiLasco.zip (2.0 MB)

Thanks.

Best

@Glinteraction

The buttons worked for me in the Hype Preview mode on the iPad 4 (iOS10.3.3) - however your posted file did not: “Test_Hype_GianluigiLasco.zip”.

Your ZIP was just an HTML file with a Hype resources folder - not the Hype project itself (far more useful).

I reconstituted the actual Hype document by selecting the “257290-restorable.plist” (in the “Test_Hype_GianluigiLasco.hyperesources” folder) from the Hype app’s “Help” menu" (“Restore Document from Import…”).

This “restored” Hype document is what I used to test your project - not the HTML file in your upload.

Opps sorry!

here the file projects… one with Javascript, one without javascript…

thanks a lot for your support!

Test_Audio_Without_Javascript.zip (75.5 KB)
Test_Audio_With_javascript.zip (111.8 KB)

… the strange thing is that i can try with this other file, all is fine with ipad! but it has the same code of my files… really i don’t understand…

simpleaudio.zip (115.8 KB)

update: i tested the file with IOS 9 and all si fine… the problem is with IOS 11x… strange.

Some ideas?

Thanks a lot
Gianluigi

@Glinteraction

I am not on iOS11 - sorry! Hopefully someone else on the Forum could help You out.

Don’t worry, Thanks a lot for support!

Someone else on the forum? This is a really strange problem… so, now, into the App Store there isn’t an App builded in Hype without Audio problems in relation to ios 11.x?

The Test_Audio_With_javascript file was trying to play an audio element from within an HTML widget – to get this to work I moved the code within the HTML widget to a regular rectangle below. This is on the same ‘window’ level as the JavaScript function:
Test_Audio_With_javascript 2.zip (106.9 KB)

I’m not sure why iOS11 is having issues with this audio.

1 Like

Thanks a lot… with simple rectangle now all is fine… also into ios 11.x in preview mode. I need to test it on line.

but really, i don’t know why!

is there an on line resource about Javascript + Hype?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Especially if you're hoping to learn about audio & Javascript control, this forum is the place to learn.

1 Like