Audio not playing when hype file is exported to HTML

Hi all,

I’m having a strange audio issue which I’ve never come across before. I have MP3 files in my Hype activity which work fine when I preview it, however when I export the activity to HTML and put it on to our learning platform a few of the audio files won’t play. I’ve checked that it’s pulling across all of the resources when I export so I don’t think this is it.

Am I missing something really basic? Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Make sure audio only plays on response to a user action. (It can't in most cases play as a timeline action or when first loading your document).

If that's not the case, can you share a Hype document with a simplified demo?

More info on autoplaying audio:

Also - is the learning platform running on iOS? If so the mute switch may affect playback (this is just the result of Hype using a low-latency audio playback method by default). You can fix this particular issue via unchecking “Use low latency Web Audio API” in the Document Inspector.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve double checked this and unfortunately its not it.

Thanks though.

those mp3 are listed with 404 in the browser-console …

I think the issue is your filenames:

https://study.tes.com/curatr/mfl/SPA_S_SK_LB_01_0469/task/hype/SPA_01_0469_st03_kl01/SPA_01_0469_st03_kl01.hyperesources/Ella%20estudia%20matema%CC%81ticas_01.mp3?

A filename like Él estudia matemáticas02.mp3 is likely not working on your server due to the accent mark. I recommend renaming this as something simpler like: el-estudia-matematicas02.mp3 and reuploading.

To do this in Hype, rename the mp3 file on your computer, select the file in the resources folder, and click Edit > Replace.

1 Like

Daniel you are a wizard! It was the filenames, all sorted now.

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like