Any way to record the cursor?

Super new to Hype. Loving it so far.

I’m building an animation where I’d like to show the cursor clicking on an object and having a window open. I don’t want to actually create an onClick action for the end user – think of it as more akin to a screen recording, but built as an animation within Hype. I’ve looked around on the forums, docs and Google and can’t seem to find anything that would point me in the right direction.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Just animate…it !
cursor.hype.zip (78.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks! This is really helpful. I took a look at your file and grabbed a similar cursor SVG from the web – so now I’ve got the animation going.

In my case, I want to make it look like an SVG element is being clicked. Do you know of a good way to make an element “flash” or lighten slightly to indicate a click action? I don’t want to use the button component, as I’ve already built this SVG asset in another design tool.

Thanks again.

It depends on the effect you’re really going for, but you might be able to make a secondary timeline that gets played on click and have it animate one of the Filter Effects, like brightness. You could also do an overlay or underlay element that is animated as part of a timeline instead.

1 Like