Activate physics on a moving ball

(Mike Fisher) #1

I feel like someone must have done this, but I haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere!.. I would like to have a ball moving left and right at top of screen (the easy part). When a button is pressed, the ball becomes a full physics object and falls from the top to bounce around in a pachenko-type machine.

The position from which the ball drops depends on when you press the button as the ball moves back and forth.

Is there a way to activate the physics on a moving ball like that?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

(Mark Hunte) #2

A quick example.

pachenko.hype.zip (39.4 KB)

It appears that the timeline to move the ball has full control until you pause it, then the physics takes over.

About Physics Setting Problem
(Mike Fisher) #3

Mark-

I haven’t been too keen on how to use multiple timelines, but this will surely help. I will study it.

Thanks!

Mike

(Mark Hunte) #4

I just realise that I left the drop timeline in by accident. I was using it when I was trying other stuff. I meant to change it so the button just paused the move timeline directly. The drop timeline in this instance is not really needed.

(Mike Fisher) #5

Mark-

Thanks for the info… I did delete the drop timeline, but then the ball refused to drop in the preview, so I guess that timeline is doing SOMETHING positive…

(Mark Hunte) #6

You need to set the buttons on mouse click to pause the timeline.

(Mark Hunte) #7

I have updated the one above to show you.

(Mike Fisher) #8

Thanks again! I fixed it based on your emails, but I will look to see how you did it in the new file.

Mike