Activate physics on a moving ball

I feel like someone must have done this, but I haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere!.. I would like to have a ball moving left and right at top of screen (the easy part). When a button is pressed, the ball becomes a full physics object and falls from the top to bounce around in a pachenko-type machine.

The position from which the ball drops depends on when you press the button as the ball moves back and forth.

Is there a way to activate the physics on a moving ball like that?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

A quick example.

pachenko.hype.zip (39.4 KB)

It appears that the timeline to move the ball has full control until you pause it, then the physics takes over.

Mark-

I haven’t been too keen on how to use multiple timelines, but this will surely help. I will study it.

Thanks!

Mike

I just realise that I left the drop timeline in by accident. I was using it when I was trying other stuff. I meant to change it so the button just paused the move timeline directly. The drop timeline in this instance is not really needed.

Mark-

Thanks for the info… I did delete the drop timeline, but then the ball refused to drop in the preview, so I guess that timeline is doing SOMETHING positive…

You need to set the buttons on mouse click to pause the timeline.

I have updated the one above to show you.

Thanks again! I fixed it based on your emails, but I will look to see how you did it in the new file.

Mike