About using symbols

I am trying to make a layout that shows different types of hats. When the user mouses over the image of a hat, a box opens showing text and a go to button. I used a symbol to make the mouseover effect. This worked in the head in the base of the tree. It can mouseover with in and out action and clickable to go to a page actually works. I tried to duplicate the symbols and edit them but this did not work. I am obviously missing something.

My issue is repeating the technique on the twenty other or so hats has proved to be a head scratcher. I could use another set of professional eyes on this. I feel that I am close, but just can't get it to work.

Thanks in advance
Eltee
Hat_Tree.zip (2.1 MB)

Well, you didn´t define the custom behaviors in 'Henin' and 'Diadem'...

Hat_Tree_kt.hype.zip (2.1 MB)

Hmm, and why not all the Functionality integrated into the symbol? So you're getting closer to your idea of having a pattern symbol that you can copy. Then you at least always have the basic functionality inside the symbol, and you just need to replace the contents. Btw - it's not a good idea to place a button in MouseOver that disappears on mouseOut... :wink:

Hat_Tree_kt_2.hype.zip (2.1 MB)

The idea is to have the mouseover clickable. So that the user can "go to" the page the story rests. I am up for ideas and thanks for the warp speed response.

Hmm, yes, but the user will always tend to click the 'Let´s Go!' button, which he will never be able to click. That is very irritating. I would completely do away with the button and just place the click on the mouseOver button...

That is easy enough to do, but bad 508 compliance.

What works for a dev does not always work for a user. The question is what to say\show to a user to inform them what is going on visually so that it can be repeated throughout the layout.

That is what I was trying to do in the first place.

Thanks again

Of course I am overthinking the approach, I see your point.
So what I am going for is a mouseover action (in and out) and when the user clicks on the image, then they go to the story page.

Seems so simple when you write it out.

Thanks