About the Feature Requests category

This category is a great place to post your feature request. We’re always working on improving Tumult Hype, and your suggestions help guide development.

If you agree with a feature request, hit the ‘like’ button on the original post. This will tell us that you also are interested in seeing this happen (we prefer this over simply replying ‘+1’).

If you are a member of the Beta program, please post here: #hype-beta.

Hype wishlist

Having used Hype since it came out, I can truly say that it’s the best interactive tool to appear on the market since the good old days of Macromedia Director and Flash (which I hated).

It is now a mature and robust tool which can offer much more than simple animations, infographics, web sites and interactive prototypes.

As such, and in order for it to really expand and attain the status it deserves, I feel there are still several additions that should be provided to expand its functionality and robustness.

My wish list includes the following:

Interface

Ability to color code layers and folders

Fit canvas to screen (command 0)

Master pages (like Keynote, indesign, etc)

Place Lorem Ipsum text

Built in basic vector shapes (like Keynote, Pages)

Interaction

Menu based toggles: video, visibility, etc.

Sound level control

Fade sound up/down over time

Drag and drop to target

Condition based interactions (if, then…else)

Linking separate Hype files (on mouse click, go to Hype file “file name”) this would enable creating very large projects.

Import/Export

Import a layered Psd, or Affinity file with layers separated and registered

Import 3D (dae, obj…)

Import widgets (from BookWidgets, Bookry, etc), the same as the existing export to iBooks Author widget)

Simple plugin import of JavaScript functions for non coders (like the endless great stacks in RapidWeaver)

Export Hype project to ePub3

Export to IOS app.

Export GIf with transparent background

Performance

Convert SVG to vector object and enable morph

Convert text to vector object and enable morph

MP4 auto play option with sound

Extended Functionality

Quiz support (or import quiz function from external software) for educational applications

Simple database functionality (for example: search for all blue cars in the catalogue, or all the names starting with A)

None of the above detract from the great quality of Hype, but we are already looking forward to Hype 5.0

1 Like