"A problem repeatedly occured..."

Hello –

Currently working on a revamp of a previous project (http://bit.ly/selectwallofsupport) that worked well using desktop browsers and on mobile devices.

However, v2 is currently having issues on mobile, iOS Safari and Chrome in particular, first slide loads after a few seconds, displays for another couple and then an error message appears from Safari “a problem repeatedly occured…”, Chrome displays a standard “Something went wrong” message. As of yet, I have had no problems using a desktop browser for testing etc. Android tests so far have been 80% positive, if that helps.

Can’t figure this out after a few attempts and comparisons to v1, any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated. See wetransfer link for reference, https://we.tl/t-GYvT7xJHCU

Thanks in advance!

Can you see if this still happens when you remove the looping video in the background on the first scene? For me, hiding that video fixes it for me.

You might want to adapt a mobile-only layout for that first scene that doesn’t require so many resources on mobile devices if the crash occurs because of that background video.

1 Like

Worked brilliantly! Thank you! Will look into the mobile layout.

Thanks again!

Having a similar problem. Version 1 worked fine on desktop and mobile. I then added new, but similar content and I get the same error messages as Ryan.

I use a script to resize the content that has worked on this page and is working on other pages:

<div id="nifsabfiresprinklersaves2020withchanges_hype_container" class="HYPE_document" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:1920px;height:1080px;overflow:hidden;">
	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="/NIFSAB%20Fire%20Sprinkler%20Saves%202020%20with%20changes.hyperesources/nifsabfiresprinklersaves2020withchanges_hype_generated_script.js?89989"></script>
</div>
<!-- end copy -->

This project has ~120 show/hide scripts:

hypeDocument.getElementById("Naperville2021Text").style.display = "block";

Any help is appreciated.

Hey Dave,

Does this happen on iOS only? Can you let us know what version of iOS and what device? Does it happen at specific times or immediately for you?

If you can share your Tumult Hype document with us that would be great: Select Help > Report an Issue and include your document in the Issue Reporter's Attachments section.

It seems to be iOS, it's only been tested on one Android device but it worked there. Tested on iPad 5th Gen and iPhone 12, in Safari and Chrome.
iPhone iOS 14.6, Safari 14.1.1, Chrome 87.0.4280.163
iPad iOS 14.6, Safari 14.1.1, Chrome 91.0.4472.80

It happens every time.

I'm sending the file.

Got it, thanks. We’ll take a look and get back via email.

Thank you.