🕹 "Year of Fun"

Resources

Here is a list of resources for making a game with Hype

1 Like

It's quiet in here. OK, I'll start things off. I was busy trying to convert A Book About Hype into something digital. I felt that the cover needed to be more animated. It started with a bouncing ball, then it turned into a bouncing ball with a trailing dotted line. That highlighted the motion, but it still wasn't right. I tried converting the dots into a more defined trail... but something was still wrong. Then, one morning, I though... hey... why not just outlines?

It was pretty cool. I like it. The effect matches the blueprint theme. The cover still needs more work, but at least now I was somewhat motivated with working on this project. Well... I was... but I still wasn't quite motived enough. My mind started to wander. I remembered a Photics game from over a decade ago. It's called Arch Fiery...

The ball effect on the cover reminded me a lot of this old game. That's when I started to wonder, could that fiery effect be recreated with Hype?

Yeah, sorta...

arch-fiery-hype-test

The effect is very reminiscent of those sparkly mouse trails, back in the early days of the web. That's what's missing. Today's websites are more serious. Sure, the mouse effect was kinda silly and maybe a bit annoying, but I'm thinking that websites were more lively 20 years ago than they are today. Search engine optimization is a big part of the reason. Websites need to be lightweight and fast, otherwise they'll be penalized in the ranking.

So, I was having fun. That's the point of the "Year of Fun". I still haven't decided if I'll be making a game too, but it was nice way to relax.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

I'm starting to enjoy the project, so it's looking very likely that the app version of A Book About Hype will be available soon. Like this post if you want to be notified when the book is available.

1 Like

Since I was already building a game in Hype, planning to make an interactive NFT, I'll definitely join the party! Thanks for the initiative! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

not the newest one, but i like to play it myself :wink: ... sometimes ...

this has been for a horsechampionchip ... bit strange ... i know :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like both games very much :blush: :+1:

1 Like

DAS IS DER HAMMER - cool gemacht und superprofimässigst - wooow

Gratulation --- und das mit Hype??

Ich mein wie geil is das denn??

Cool man

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice! can cute Lilly go to HypeDocks? :grinning:

1 Like

@michelangelo it's been done in one or two days and as far as i remember a less well structured mess :ghost: i won't gonna clean it up ... if that's ok for you ... :wink:

hans thanks! ok, then I'm a beta tester :grinning:

lilly.hype.zip (1.4 MB)

@michelangelo happy 'betaing' :slight_smile:

1 Like

I updated the resources with a link to jsfxr. Apparently, sfxr... http://www.drpetter.se/project_sfxr.html ...was ported to a web based version. It's on GitHub... https://github.com/chr15m/jsfxr

I was playing Crossy Road when I heard a sound effect that reminded me of the sound effect app. Maybe it's helpful. :man_shrugging:t2:

Just a heads up — There's less than three months to make a game and enter the competition.

If you're interested in entering the competition, like this post and then post a link to your game.

UPDATE — Two months left to make a game and enter the competition.

1 Like

One more to play

http://c1ic.mx/pinball/

:stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A new game for the collection

http://c1ic.mx/ballcy/

:partying_face:

5 Likes

I'm not sure my project qualifies, but I'll upload it and you be the judge.

It's hard for me to pinpoint whether it's a game, a comic book, or just a movie, but it might be a little bit of everything.

7 Likes

exceptional!

i'd guess that this kind of work is what Hype is made for ... :+1: :heart:

3 Likes

It's good! :smiley:
I don't think it's a game though. :confused:

With 9 episodes, I didn't go through all of it. This is a huge project. Is there something in particular that you think makes it qualify as a game?