Xcode Hype Auto Sizing & Constraints

Can you post the hype file with just 1 or 2 scenes? Then
I can see what happens here.

1 Like

Why did you choose to build it using the flexible settings?
You could make different layouts to fit the devices you are targeting.
From a design standpoint it will be better since you are displaying your work in a webview in iOS.
Flexible layout will reorder things but that puts too many design variables into play.

1 Like

Can do.

Here you go…

sorry. I don’t have the beta 4. Cannot open your file.

1 Like

simply dropping off all your included js, and css-files seems to let hype work as expected. some of the libraries are loaded several times in different versions … what the hell … :wink: do you expect¿

start cleaning your hypefile and when it at least’ll work within the browser then start wrapping an app …

sorry if this is not helpful, but this file is really messed up with third party js and css

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve cut the project down from about 16 scenes to what you are seeing. I used Bookry.com for simple games (not in this file) and that is where you are seeing all of the Java Script from. Had a feeling that that was the problem. :thinking:

Hello. Thanks for all your help and the tips. A Javascript file called “bootloader.js” was part of the problem. By unticking the "Include in document ", the document now loads and senses layout sizes between devices.
26%20PM

The next and final problem that I’ve encountered is regarding the Bookry javascript widget on the Hype scene which was encoded in Xcode. I created a completely separate Hype project with just the Bookry files. From Hype, the preview works just fine and displays the Jigsaw Puzzle. As you can see from Simulator, the frame loads but without the Jigsaw Puzzle…

How it should appear
00%20PM

How is previews in Simulator

I’ve included the small project file. I have three books that will all have the same problem. Each book will have a section for additional learning and these small games. I basically hope to find out if they can stay in the books or not. Any help you can provide would be so appreciated! Thanks!

Frank
Test.zip (2.0 MB)

Hello,

After much back and forth, I noticed that there were items/files that were not selected in the Advanced Export under Included Resources. When they were included in the export, the Bookry widgets began to work. I think I’m good “for now”. LOL! Thank you everyone for your help! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Basically… Is there a way to scale both the image object and motion path at the same time?

Thanks for letting us know what hit you - Advanced Export uses the minimal set of files it finds associated with the document, but if you have a file used that it doesn't know about (say in code) then you'd need to manually check it. There was a lot of debate on what the behavior should be when designing it!

The best method (as mentioned in the other thread) is to group the element and use the scale transformation.