Videos stop loading after visiting many scenes

Reviving this old thread. I’ve just seen exactly this issue on a project in Hype 3.6.2 that I’ve turned into an iPad app. Don’t know how it sneaked past early tests.

I’ve got a main scene which links to 28 other scenes, and in each of those, a full-screen video plays. After watching many videos, new videos refuse to play, but instead show a slash through a play icon in the middle of a black screen in the video area. This kills the app dead, because no new videos can load. If I load the HTML in Safari on Mac, I can see that the videos are never unloaded, but all stay in memory — the list in the Inspector just grows and grows, even if you watch the same video again and again. The crash occurs in Hype Reflect and when converted to an app.

A solution seems to be to force the entire project to reload instead of simply jumping back to the home scene. Making a new function “reload” with this inside: window.location.href = window.location.href;
…works fine when viewing in Hype Reflect, but does not work when placed inside an app shell. Instead, simply using “Go to URL” and forcing it back to “index.html” works, so long as that’s the name you use when exporting.

Did anyone find a better solution? This is now working for me when placed inside an app.