Tumult Hype Wordpress Plug In and Multisites

Dear Tumult Team,

Before i start my topic, i searched the entire board but did not find any satisfying answer or solution to my problem

Iam really frustrated over a topic with the Plug In Tumult Hype For Wordpress * Version: 1.8.2

I discovered the option of multisite network hostng for myself (for multilingual and bonus site porpuses) however, when i upload the hype document to the mother site, the first. all works fine. But if i upload the document to a subsite within my Wordpress Multisite installation, the shortcode doesn’t work and also the document doesn’t show on the plug in page.

Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you so much for your time and help
i appreciate it

With kind regards
Sputnik

Can you share more info with me in a private message about your setup? It would be great to get debug logs.

The last I heard about multisite setups it was working well: Tumult Hype Animations Wordpress Plugin

2 Likes

Dear Daniel,
Thank you so much for your Response. Unfortuneately i was not able to find the personal message function, but i have no problem to share stuff like that official, so others who has the same problem can check it on their own,

First of all, let me show you what i mean:

As you see my animation shows on the Mothersite of my network, which i will use to direct the user to German / English sites and the Shop etc. Please don’t be confused by the notifications the redesign is new and i didn’t finish it yet, only startet with hype yet.

The first subsite:

When i upload the file, nothing shows at all! it says it is uploaded but nothing shows neither the shortcode works.

1 Like

I think you will need to explain how you set up the multi site. And is this a wordpress thing or via a plugin.

It may be something like the hype plugin is not finding the correct directory paths on the other sites.
So it would help if @Daniel could see all the root directory trees (screen shots) etc…

If you click on daniels image/name you will get a popup with the message button. Thats the pm.

Once there is a solution it can be posted back here.

2 Likes

Hello Mark
There is no PM Button Not on the Banner, neither on the profile page of both of you:
I allowed myself to show this on screenshot with your profile:

On the Profiles i see things like your Stats, Top Replies (Left) Top Topics (Right), Top Links, Most Replied To and so on including your badges but no mail icon or text

With kind regards

1 Like

You should see this when you click his image/name in a post.

2 Likes

It's a WordPress thing…

1 Like

Hello The Blue Message Button doesn’t show up :-/

1 Like

I'm still just spectating on this thread, but here are some more general comments..

I see a problem right there. An ID of "0" should be impossible.

What's being done while taking that screenshot?

Although, there are no animations, so "0" would be the only thing it could display.

If it's a multisite, an animation uploaded on one site shouldn't appear on another site. That's a security thing, no?

But, depending on how the websites are setup, you could just grab the "HTML" code from

(Heh, I only know about this because I was just writing about it in A Book About Hype.)

Do you see the "Green Button" on the right side? (In the printed book, it will be in gray, HA HA!) If you click that, it just shows the HTML code. If you use an iFrame — and your websites allow iFrames between each other — you can just cut and past that HTML code into the other website.

It might be that your account is still new. Maybe some hearts will help bring your account up to the necessary rank for sending private messages❣️

2 Likes

Dear Photics
How are you?

Thank you for your response to my problem and that you try to help, i really appreciate this.

What’s being done while taking that screenshot?

The Screenshot is from the upload process of the same OAM File to the subsite. It showed the 0 Shortcode Message, but when closed, the Hype Document / Animation did not show up. However this also happens with every other random OAM document, i try to upload to the subsite, with not the same name (ofcourse)

But, depending on how the websites are setup, you could just grab the “HTML” code from

In Fact i tried this and it worked, but sadly not the way i wanted it to show. The Canvas of the original big version in my hype document is 1200 px wide , second is 1024 px wide, then 800 px, 700 px, 300 px and so on, to make it responsive.

The Container where i added it, had Boarders and did not fill the screen on the desktop version of the website, which i archieved with the OAM on the mainpage of the network (i plan to use it on a specific site as header replacement)

It might be that your account is still new. Maybe some hearts will help bring your account up to the necessary rank for sending private messages❣️

Ahhh okay, now that's the point :slight_smile: i really wondered why i can't find a message form.

Thank you for your Help, i really appreciate this

With kind regards

I usually use styles to get the Hype project to display the way I want. I posted about that over here…

…but that might not be exactly what you're looking for. The general idea is that if you don't like the border, remove it with CSS. If you don't like the size, set the width and height with CSS.

Thanks everyone for helping out, I realize that new users don’t have PM capabilities right off the bat so let’s welcome @Sputnik :slight_smile:

I downloaded a fresh version of the Bitnami stack for Wordpress multisites from this page: https://bitnami.com/stack/wordpress-multisite

Next, I created an additional ‘network’ site called ‘Site 2’. I now have a main site and a sub site. I’m still logged in as a super user, so I install the Hype Animations plugin and activate it on the ‘Network’. I can see that it is available on both ‘Main Site’ and ‘Site 2’.
And I also see that it has created its directory within the uploads folder:

So I add a different OAM in both the subsite and the main site. Both work correctly.

Here’s my multisite setup:

define('MULTISITE', true);
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', '192.168.64.2.xip.io');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

From our PM, it looks like the only difference is
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);

One thing I’ve encountered a few times is that you have to be careful when converting a WP site from regular to multisite, since the wp-content folder places uploads in a new path. (see this point). Was your multisite converted recently? Or did you start fresh and just create the multisite?

Hello @Daniel
i have the same problem that i can't upload oam files for the subdomains.

I had to set up multisite on the existing system because of the circumstances. Everything works great except the animation.

My htaccess and wp-config settings as described above.

My folder structure looks like this:

The problem only occurs with subdomains. On the main domain the PlugIn works.

What am I doing wrong? how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Emre

Hey @eisik, What happens when you upload an OAM?

Feel free to send me a private message with more info. (I don't see anything above)

I have been working a lot with the WordPress plugin the last two weeks and I'd really appreciate a native post type for Hype files (like media files or posts/pages etc.) instead of it being a custom table. Certainly food for thought. This would allow it to be much more a part of the WordPress ecosystem and would become visible to all kinds of plugins that work with registered post types (like ACF etc.).