Physics Mini Templates for Tumult Hype 4

Well, yeah. Ha ha. That's how you sell books.

I could have done that... and I did... I switched it back to the "Physics" thread. It's a party. Everybody be happy. Let's just say my plans for the Hype 4 book are... even better. These templates can be teasers.

1 Like

Jump

TANK, load the jump program

https://photics.com/files/templates/physics/jump/

This project probably won't make it into the book, so I figured that I'd post it here. It's from the beta. It was used for testing. It was the turning point, when it was proven that Hype 4 could be used to make games.

jump.hypetemplate.zip (20.1 KB)

Nah, it's just going to be one big book. HA HA. :grin:

2 Likes

it’s been a great template … still is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

TimeScale

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

function ppbTS(e, t) {
      Matter.Events.on(hypeDocument.getElementProperty(e, 'physics-engine'), 'afterUpdate', function (event) {
           hypeDocument.getElementProperty(e, 'physics-engine').timing.timeScale = t;
      });
 }

Template β€” https://photics.com/files/templates/physics/timescale.hypetemplate.zip

Online Example β€” timescale

Notes β€” Whoa! :scream_cat:

6 Likes

I'm reconsidering putting the "Jump" template into the book. What do you think?

Should there be a chapter dedicated to the "Jump" template?

• Yes! :slightly_smiling_face:
  • No! :rage:
0 voters

Yeah, the "Jump" template has to go in the book now. It's got wall jumping.

wall-jump

I think it's pretty clear now. You can make games with Hype. That was the mission I set out to achieve with the book. This clinches it.

UPDATE: Firefox support was terrible. The template was updated to better support that browser.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Wow, if I would have made simplistic controls like this β€” ten years ago β€” I'd probably be rich by now. The template now has touch controls. Swipe left / right to move, swipe down to stop, tap to jump.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: There's a nice discussion about this template here...

3 Likes