Open AI Code Interpreter is amazing!

My request to code interpreter was:
Create a 1200px by 600px image and place 100 red circles on it in random sizes (1-5px) and random opacity (0-1 alpha).

Answer:
I've created an image with 100 red circles of random sizes and opacity, as per your specifications. You can download this image using the link below:

Request:
Repeat, but with a black background and white dots. Furthermore, increase the number of dots to 2000.

Answer:
I've created a new image with 2000 white circles of random sizes and opacity on a black background, with an effect similar to antialiasing. You can download this image using the link below:

2 Likes

But where's Sydney?

Request:
Create a square canvas of 1000x1000 pixel and draw a circular line around the center. The line cursor additionally gets a wave pattern added to its distance to the center. Leaving us with a wavy circle.

Answer:
Sure, I can do that. Here's the step-by-step process:

1. Create a blank 1000x1000 canvas.
  2. Draw a circular line around the center with a wave pattern added to its radius.

Let's get started with the Python code.

Request:

That is already really nice. Only thing, the wave pattern should close perfectly. Hence, make sure it uses a factor for the wave that is higher and ends where it started to close the circular wave.

Response:
Sure, I understand your requirement. The wave pattern should be periodic with respect to the circumference of the circle so that it starts and ends at the same point, thereby perfectly closing the circular wave.

Let's adjust the frequency of the sine function that is added to the radius so that it completes a whole number of oscillations around the circle. We can accomplish this by multiplying the angle by an integer in the sine function.

Let's modify the code accordingly.

Request:
Can you connect the dots using a line, also apply an effect that emulates antialiasing.

Answer:
In order to connect the dots using a line, we can use the line function from the ImageDraw module. For the antialiasing effect, while the PIL library doesn't support antialiasing directly, we can emulate it by creating an image at a higher resolution and then resizing it down. This is a common trick used to achieve antialiasing in many raster graphics packages.

Let's modify the script to include these updates.

1 Like

Request:
Make a version that starts with the radius to fit the canvas and spirals in to the center. The wavy addition also declines while getting closer to the center.

Answer:
Understood. You would like a spiral that starts from the edge of the canvas with a large amplitude wave and spirals into the center. As it spirals in, the amplitude of the wave decreases until it reaches the center.

Let's adjust the script to incorporate these changes.

It took some whispering, but finally, it did animate it as a GIF…

spiral_movie_cropped_loop

6 Likes

What sort of whispering? ..I've tried asking for a chart to be animated and it teplies the current model is not able to do it!

You need ChatGPT Plus and enable Code Interpreter (Beta-Feature)

Hi Max
Yes im using Code Interpreter in Beta but it still days it cannot create chart animations in its environment..suggested i use matplotlib so will try that
Thanks

Not really, just request an image:

Prompt:

Create a 1200px by 600px image and place the starting point in the middle. Pick an initial angle and draw a 5px length line. From that point, modify the angle by a random number from -5 to +5 degrees and plot the next point 5px away. Repeat this process 10,000 times. If the point leaves the canvas, shift it to the opposite edge on either axis.

Results in:

This was another file generated after whispering today about good old school plasma algorithms:

For people interested, there is also a Hype-Version of this: