Masking images within hype

1. What do you want to see in Hype
    If it was possible to mask an image with a shape it would save going to illustrator or photoshop. The masked png exported from those programs adds a bit of page weight.

2. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
    Sometimes I match the mask colour to the bg colour and bring a jpg in but this is not possible if there are gradients

3. Are there examples of other apps with this feature? Or, have you seen examples of this elsewhere on the web? (Please include a URL)
    In figma you add a shape to an image and press the mask buttonemphasized text

4. How high of a priority is this for you?

[ x] Nice to Have
[ ] Important
[ ] Can't use Hype without it

1 Like

this is a great article on the topic: https://tympanus.net/codrops/2013/12/02/techniques-for-creating-textured-text/

/////

regarding hype in special @MaxZieb wrote an extension Hype ClipPath (for the Vector-Tool) - Extension Project - Tumult Forums so the mask is even animatable!

2 Likes

Thanks for the request. This has been high on our list for a while, but when we originally looked into implementing we found many browser bugs and performance issues. That was a while ago, so we are planning to re-evaluate soon.

3 Likes

Since @MaxZieb 's work I have come across these links which I find very interesting. Perhaps it would be a feature to include in Hype

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Using Hype Clip Path to mask animations