Is there an Import for Edge Animate files?

Adobe discontinued Adobe Edge Animate. I am working on a very large ongoing project using Adobe Edge Animate and am leaning towards suggesting that we use Hype from now on. Is there any way to import the Animate files into Hype?

If not could you PLEASE make that happen, in any form. The Edge Animate forum is full of pissed off ex-users with large projects that are left scrambling, it would be a real timely move on your company’s part. Thanks for any help with this!

Whoa! Adobe ID

Does that mean Tumult won?

While it looks pretty bad in the forums, I didn't see anything official though. Wouldn't the software still work, just not get support?

Maybe they're really confident in the updates to Flash? What are they going to use for HTML5 animation if not Adobe Edge Animate?

I'm not sure if Hype opens Adobe Edge Animate projects. I started phasing out Adobe software after they forced the rental of their apps. At least "A Book About Hype" should be available soon. That might help people make the transition.

1 Like

Adobe failed when they mouth flash… Edge was just an attempt… after the fall of flash it became difficult to trust anything from adobe that resembled it. I truly believe Hype is the future ad has the potential to surpass the impact that flash has. Only thing that will limit its adoption is that its a mac only program… No offense, thats fine by me!

Here is a chronology for the demise of EA:

July 2014:
Some US team members of Edge Animate left to join other projects of Adobe.
October 2014:
Adobe released a really buggy version of Edge Animate. that version did not support Jquery anymore by default and because the whole program was made for jQuery, it would crash a lot. This version was not tested, rushed and released way to early. After it, Adobe took alot of time to update the major bugs. because of this, they lost loyal users that where with Edge since the beta.
November/December 2014:
The final member of the US Edge team left. Sarah, the product manager of Edge Animate.
January - February 2015:
Adobe India team stopped active development of Edge Animate but promised to update “soon”.
March 2015 - now:
Silence from the Adobe India team and ignoring questions of the community.

So who is the product manager now?
Vinod Menon, he has multiple roles, he is also engineerings manager of Edge since 4.0, he is also working on flash and he was the engineerings manager of Adobe Director.

When will there be another update of Edge?
There is no official date, but Adobe tends to update at least once a year in the month before Adobe Max. So that would be September 2015 which has passed with nothing new appearing.

1 Like

What I read was that Adobe Flash Professional is being rebranded as Adobe Animate. It’s pretty much supposed to spit out everything in HTML5.

This is true. Flash is now called “Adobe Animate” and then you have the old options for output that were in Flash and it will also produce HTML5 files. Disaster. I’m working full-time in Hype now and about to recreate my Edge Animate files in Hype starting next week.

Tumult, I’m assuming there is still no import for these files? Thanks.

Correct, Hype does not import Edge Animate files.