How to put a 3d animation or 360 spin of an image on hype?

Yes; here are some items to consider depending on your setup:

• Assuming you are using a sheet and not series of images, you can import the sprite sheet itself as a JPEG file and that will also be saved out.
  • If you are using an image sequence, Hype will always form this as a PNG to fully preserve the bitmap data.
  • A Sprite Sheet image shows up in the Resources Library and is treated like other images. Thus “Automatically optimize when exporting” is turned on by default. This will automatically convert a PNG to a JPEG if it does not detect any alpha in the image, and the resulting JPEG is smaller.
  • If you use an image sequence and have Hype construct the Sprite Sheet, you could drag it out of the Resources Library, convert it to a JPEG, and then use the Edit menu to replace the PNG file, and it should work.

Hopefully those nuggets will help!

Thanks!
I will try it out.
I use a image sequence so i resaved the Sprite sheet after export but I will try your last suggestion.
It saved 90% of the size :slight_smile:

1 Like

not sure how you made the 3D, but there’s also a service that serves the 3d up and works great, limited free option but cool nonetheless. Obviously then your site becomes dependent, but worked for me for my website for a simple 3D package demo. SketchFab… you can see how I used the embed on this page. Sorry not a hype solution but would be cool to find a 3D engine that we could plugin to hype docs for more advanced 3D views, not even sure if that’s possible but this is an alternative for ya…