GoogleSheets CMS

I have uploaded a new HTML version to the site (the forum version of the output of the Hype project). The google sheet that it reads, but doesn’t send data to is a copy of the original, so I don’t mess things up too much. The app script is the same, just with different endpoints, so data is send and received to only that version.

Still the same issue. I can see the error in Safari when I open console:
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘Title.value = Titles’)

It appears when I preview the document through Hype, but doesn’t stop the editing or sending the text to Google Sheet, which I can see changing on the fly. But it just doesn’t work online or when I export the file locally.

The version of the project below has the https:// for jquery in the document head HTML. Also link to the spreadsheet to see how changes are updated.

CMS_TestForumV2.zip (51.4 KB)

Could this be an issue as well?
Calling functions like:

HYPE.documents['index'].functions().SendData();
HYPE.documents['index'].functions().GetData();

and

<div class="title" onkeyup="HYPE.documents['index'].functions().SendData()">Title one</div>

Is ‘index’ reachable when previewed from hype, but then the name changes to something else when the the project is exported?

This is (at least in part) a solution. By changing the project name to “index” the newly uploaded online version is now working.

Did not read/pay attention to that bit of code to be honest. Yes that will be an issue, you need the name to match the export name.

Also that syntax is normally for external calls outside hype, why are you using it within a hype function
instead of hypeDocument.functions().GetData(); for example ??

if you feel you really do need it then maybe try something like

**HYPE.documents[hypeDocument.documentName()].functions().SendData();**

Thanks @MarkHunte

I tried swapping those functions over to your suggestion, but it stopped working (at least for me). The updates stopped happening. I have reverted to

HYPE.documents['index'].functions().SendData()

Also changed the image box so that a link can be added into it and the image loaded. For some reason I can’t seem to be able to actually edit the link, in fact only the first Title, Subtitle are selectable by clicking on them. The longer text areas seem to be fine, and you can TAB through the document to move the text carret.

Here is the latest version of the project called ‘index’ as it is the only way I can make it work currently.

index.zip (34.7 KB)

the latest version is online too so people can play around with editing it. Don’t know what will happen when more than one person edits. May be a mess!

Cheers

1 Like