Frame animation not work, potential bug?

This is not a technical question but a question of language. If you think you are right, go ahead; thanks for the links, I already know them :slight_smile:

It is definitely a bug! Sorry if it was not more clear, but I was actively investigating but did not have enough time that day to complete looking into the root cause.

I like to give as good of guidance as possible after figuring out the exact issue and sometimes letting users know in cases where there’s an upcoming fix. In this case since the investigation wasn’t finished my only guidance was to try to avoid using it if possible, which it sounds like is not possible.

This issue is multifaceted dealing with the interaction of Flexible Layout, Waypoints, Symbols, and Timelines. Thus it can sometimes take a while to get to the bottom of an issue. (Especially as Waypoints isn’t code we wrote)

The file you provided was simplified and clear to understand the problem. We rely on users reporting issues as the “surface area” for issues is quite vast when dealing with anything related to web technology.

Reporting on the forums is definitely a-ok; we will see the issue. Of course, because folks here are quite generous and talented problem solvers, you’ll probably get a lot of workaround suggestions. A good workaround doesn’t take away from this bug being fixed. As a developer who often has to deal with bugs in browsers and macOS frameworks, often an immediate workaround can be preferred in the short term! If you would rather report bugs directly to us, you are also welcome to do so via the In-App Help > Report an Issue or with emailing support@tumult.com.

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

Really thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, definitely, I always can get instant replies, solution and suggestion here.

and thanks @MarkHunte and @michelangelo for your suggestions, code snippets and solutions.

I am not English native speaker, and I have to say sorry to all that I always post here very simple and directly, because I do not how to write words tactfully. Actually, I need check dictionary every time when I post here :grinning:

Anyway, hope you understand, and always thanks for your contribution, support and understanding.

Love you all, and have a nice day.

2 Likes