Exporting to OAM | WP

Greetings!
Hopeful someone can help with this. For whatever reason, I am unable to export this file as a usable OAM.

I am using several other OAM within Wordpress, they are all working fine... except for this one. I have updated to 4.1.8, deleted this file and restarted from scratch... it loads fine in Firefox to test all interactivity, etc... but when exporting to OAM and inserting the short code - all I get is the screenshot (right-column)... no file. Tried it on both desktop and laptop - same results.

Buttons.hype.zip (2.9 MB)

Thanks for any assistance...!

The height checkbox is checked for this Hype document -- this is gonna give you a bad time, since you're placing your OAM inside of a container with no height. So the height is going to try to be 100% of "no height".

Please check the 'Responsive document tips' section on the Plugin page here for workarounds. This one might be perfect for the type of document you're working with: Creating a Flexible Tumult Hype Document within a DIV with no set 'height'

Hi Daniel...
That's great, thanks!

Loads as expect now - except image width...
I have set this thing as iphone 6 portrait.... 375x667, yet the container cuts off about 20 px on the rightside.

I have set the flexible:
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.44.44 PM
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.46.50 PM
Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.43.38 PM

I don't understand why one would further have to wrench the CSS and all, to get this thing to display properly under a preset on the exact hardware? I tried setting the width to 90% - that just cuts off even more of the right side. Ugh...
Thanks for your time.

Embedding in a Wordpress site is an unnecessary additional complexity that you may not want… If you export straight from Hype, you won’t need to adapt your document to your Wordpress theme’s CSS.

Or, you could place it in a blank Wordpress template: Displaying Exported Hype Documented "full screen" on a WordPress page - #2 by Daniel

Check the margins and padding on your Wordpress theme. This video will show you how to examine that using developer tools:

1 Like

Thanks again Daniel... :slight_smile:
If we are not embedding into a webpage, as I understand it - the only other distribution method is through the app store? We wish to give users access, but are not in a position to release via the store. I therefore don't understand the option 'export straight from Hype'.... to what/where?

Thank you.
Best.

To the web: using File, Export as Html5, folder.

Then you put the resulting html file and folder on a web server. Here's other places you can place it, and a reference for other guides:

After a little trial and error, that did the job :smiley:
Thank You!

2 Likes