Delaying loading of a symbol or timeline

display:none might not work as it tells the browser that it can potentially dismiss the object as it is not in the render list. Use rather something like visibility instead.

2 Likes

The persistent symbol placed on the next scene did not preload the HTML widget on the next scene. See this doc. On scene 1 you can see the website is loaded, but when you click the Next Scene button, it still takes a few seconds to load (its not already loaded) -- which for my usecase takes even longer as it is heavier.

Preloading on different scene.zip (30.5 KB)

There are quite a few posts on preloading the next scene but I could not find any that solves the problem.

1. I tried using this one but all it does is immediately load the next scene on the current scene, as far as I can tell.

hypeDocument.showNextScene();
nextScene = $(".HYPE_scene").filter(":visible");
nextScene.toggle();
hypeDocument.showPreviousScene();

1. I am curious what Hans meant here:

Any specific guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hyper

in your example you ran ‘loadcreatewidget’ on the second scene again. which means reassigning the src for the iFrame … so it’ll load again. this makes no sense …

edit: it seems in most cases moving an iFrame around from node to node results in reloading. this behaviour is not hype-related. so regarding preloading it might not be a good idea to do so. a first googlesearch prompted the use of ‘adoptNode’, but it does not seem be a reliable hack …

1 Like

Yes – no need to run ‘loadcreatewidget’ again. My bad.

Got it – interesting behavior of iFrame visavis change of nodes.

Thanks for giving it a shot and finding out some more info.