Countdown Timer for an animation built with Tumult hype

ok thanks

Hi DBear

Thanks for sharing this awesome example! I managed to figure out how to make it count down from 100 but I don’t know how to make it stop at 0. I’m talking about the green timer at the bottom of the page.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Greg

Hi Daniel

Is there a way to trigger this on click? The countdown in your example starts when the page launches. I would like to start it with a click. So I simply copied the .js script in the HTML widget and triggered with a button on a textbox inner html but it doesn’t work for some reason.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

There are a lot of different examples on this thread; it would be useful if you could post a zip of your current .hype document so we can better advise. Thanks!

I never really looked at this thread but just did as it was linked in another question.
I did not read it all so I am un sure why this code ever went into the innerHTML.

The answer I give here can be used to do what you want by triggering the timer on click.

I am just adding it here for completeness.

If you put a similar JS into a normal Hype function. you can call that function at any time you are ready. i.e on scene load , on click.

var seconds = 15;

function secondPassed() {
    var minutes = Math.round((seconds - 30)/60);
    var remainingSeconds = seconds % 60;
    if (remainingSeconds < 10) {
        remainingSeconds = "0" + remainingSeconds;  
    }

hypeDocument.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML = minutes + ":" + remainingSeconds;
    if (seconds == 0) {
        clearInterval(countdownTimer);
        document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML = "=>";
    } else {
        seconds--;
    }
}

var countdownTimer = setInterval(secondPassed, 1000);

You then use a Rect as the display and give it the counter id.

Set the function to be called how you want. i.e on click.

2 Likes