Animated Advertisement Inspiration

Verizon Fios Mix & Match 300x250 | 728x90
Tommy Hilfiger Lewis Hamilton Edition 728x90 | 300x600 | 300x250

I think above Tommy Hilfiger ads were created by the talented @MaxZieb? Created with Hype and GSAP

Lovely.

Holy ships, how did I miss this post?

How can hype ads create such a loop?

The basic method to loop in Hype is to add a Timeline Action at the end of the timeline which is set to Start Timeline… for that particular timeline. This resets the playhead back to the start and plays until it gets to that same point and then resets to loop over and over again.

Looping can get a bit fancier if you animate only particular elements/properties on alternate timelines or within the even more powerful Symbols such that parts of the document are animating and looping independently.

I am an advertiser and I have been following Tumult for a long time because your tool allows to create HTML5 format ads. However, I still do not own this software because your direction and roadmap seems to be getting further and further away from the advertising goal in general. I know I'm being a bit selfish, but maybe you should try to think like Pixelmator pro did. They do not intend to replace Photoshop but are gradually becoming more convenient and gentle for users by providing their own templates with pre-set layouts. Just change the image or call to action.

I can understand your sentiment, but must say that Tumult has been there when Flash was still phasing out. As the industry moved to HTML5 and the market consilidated in plattforms like Doubleclick, Google pushed hard with Google Web Designer (GWD) and made it hard for third parties. Tumult did, however, release many Export Scripts that actually extend the builder and offer a "clickTag" field and more. That said, the uses of Hype I have seen so far, goes way beyond only traditional ads (including Prototyping, Infographics, Microsite and Webpages, Widgets, Online Training, Educational Training, Mobile Applications and many Kiosks). Just pointing out that Hype is still a very broadly used product also capable of doing ads. PS: you can save a file as Template or parts of it as a Symbol.

4 Likes

Maybe you have to admit that the developer didn't care about making Hype's tutorials the way it should be used. Even with meager resources and practical applications on the homepage. I sometimes ask if they are really serious about this app. Although I have visited some sites like hype doc, youtube photics seems to have too few people talking about it.

It's been almost 10 years since its launch, but the number of people actually using it is a big question mark for me. And while there are some sites that use it that offer very strange experiences, most of them load quite slowly or are suspected of blocking certain words by advertisers.

I guess everyone is entitled to his opinion. I must disagree. Either way it could have found higher adoption, but your wrong to assume that it is not used by major companies.

Well, any feedback is feedback, while I have to disagree with most of your statements on Tumult Hype, I kinda have to agree with one or two.

Personally, the lack of "ready templates" within hype for whatever type of ad platform is missing, benefits of having something like this can be a game changer and can open doors for those who are like yourself. I'd be down if Tumult has add-on "Hype for Advertisers" which would have a prompt window to having a user select the type of most used ad platform(s) out there and offer on the go templates and always have an update with "click tags"... I'd imagine there'd be a monthly service plan of $1.99 and the charge would be for maintaining the list of ad platform templates since ad platforms always change their guidelines/click tag code... @jonathan ?

What I don't get about this discussion is… okay there are some major players like DoubleClick etc. but apart from them, display network ads are spars and individual. If you work in a day to day making ads (I did back in the day) I created my templates for my usual suspects. So, this was Flash and I had some prior ads and used them as the basis for new ones. In Hype you can save templates and capture all your settings once you start feeling a pattern emerge. That is how most professionals making money with ads would make it happen. The irony of an tool only dedicated to ads like GWD is that it actually has said splash screen and templates built in, but instead of being called Google Ad Designer… it claims by name to be a more general purpose tool named Google Web Designer. Hype is rather diverse and having a nicer template picker would be cool (like a folder that display little previews)… but having it tailored to feature specific ad providers mainly would kind of be annoying (rather focus on web devices sizes and maybe general ad sizes). Finally, here is an idea considering the market and demand. If one really believes in the idea of these specific provider templates being so valuable, why not test it out by offering them on Gumroad or as a digital download. There is significant work involved to build them and to keep them updated, but if enough people pay for them, Hype provides the means to package templates and sell them.

If you are a Pixelmator Pro user in 2021 or earlier you will agree with me that it is an alternative to the monthly maintenance fee like photoshop. And that's all people remember about it. The beauty of Pixelmator Pro is that it makes this app smooth and light like a default app. Since September of this year when they started making ready-to-use prototypes, the game has changed. They go the more elaborate Canva route, they leave their templates in the app, but only when the user uses it, they actually download it.

Why do I have to think so much about deciding to use it with Tumult Hype,

1: I'm an advertiser, I know what the benefits of HTML5 ads can be.

2: Your app will be awesome with the "Toolbox for Pages" App's resources (images, free samples,... updated every 2-3 months all in SVG format to use , an almost endless resource) complements perfectly with the use of animation.

3: And i am also interested if you can make carousel ads like this video?

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Hype is a "generic" tool for all kinds of web animated content, but I'd say for the last few releases we have emphasized features and refinements for ad makers. We've also built and maintained numerous Export Scripts for different ad platforms as well. Hype itself won't strictly be an ad tool, but our direction points more that way than any other particular spot! (Pretty much everything @MaxZieb said is spot on)

Fundamentally though, we are not advertisers ourselves. We don't have the multi-million dollar ad budgets and experience our users have, so providing and maintaining tutorials/templates risks us providing inaccurate/outdated information in such a changing industry. This is an unfortunate downside of being a small company. But the upside is there's tons of great folks in this community who have shared their work and are happy to help :slight_smile:.

While partnerships with ad platforms has happened and is ideal, we more often need direct user feedback to help. There's a combination of ad platforms that do not want to give us access because they prefer creators to use their tools and a very large amount of smaller platforms that we can't possibly account all for. While there's definitely some basic internet ad guidelines (like IAB's), the reality is nearly every platform has a variety of different needs and technologies. It is hard to be a generic animation app - probably harder to be a generic ad creation app!

The similar tools that exist strictly for ads typically are worse on the creative end, and also have pretty outrageous business models like charging huge monthly sums or even on CPM. (In fairness, many also do some sort of hosting, which is a business we are not getting into).

So we're always looking for folks who can give us details or platform access to allow us to test and improve Hype with ad systems. We love knowing:

• Where from a creative standpoint Hype is not letting you make the ads you want
  • Where from an automation/workflow perspective Hype can integrate with the systems better
  • What technical requirements are being imposed upon you by ad systems
  • If you have technical or business contacts you can hook us up with at your ad platforms that can help us work with them

(probably the biggest hurdle to Hype's improvement is getting test accounts!)

As for templates and tutorials, we're always happy when folks are able to share their knowledge, which we can spread. We can also help collaborate on various aspects if you'd like to see this boosted.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, in case you don't know I just want to update that HTML5 ads on google ads only need a minimum spending amount from 1.000 USD and you can use it. That explains why your tool is getting so much attention.

1 Like