Transforming symbols in general

Along the same lines as scaling issues with symbols is there a way to transform symbols ie. flipping horizontal or vertical without using the 3D rotation feature in the Metrics panel which apparently isn’t supported by Firefox 3.6, 4, 5, IE 8 or 9, or Android Gingerbread 2.3?

Thanks

I second this request/post! We need to be able to transform symbols with proper translation, rotation, scaling and flipping behavior. When a transform is applied to the symbol (parent), all the (child) objects inside should transform and maintain their spacial relationships including text objects.

Adobe Edge Animate does this beautifully even when embedding symbols within symbols using a transform tool designed to accomplish this behavior. Transforming the parent symbol does not create individual keyframes on child objects when creating animation. It just works the way you would expect.

The downside of Adobe, is that they don’t make it available outside a $50/month subscription.

Using rotation is currently the way to do this, but you could also target a symbol with CSS and use these properties to flip a symbol on the horizontal axis:

<style>
	#symbol1 {
        -moz-transform: scaleX(-1) !important;
        -o-transform: scaleX(-1) !important;
        -webkit-transform: scaleX(-1) !important;
        transform: scaleX(-1) !important;
        filter: FlipH;
        -ms-filter: "FlipH";
}
</style>

I have a funny feeling this will be much easier in Hype 3.5.

I have a funny feeling this will be much easier in Hype 3.5.

Nice tease for 3.5! haha
Very excited for the release!