Link to remote resource folder

I am entering text so that I can prompt this new system to make a suggestion.

Can you tell me a little more about what you’re trying to do?

Oops. No good suggestion.

I need the correct syntax so I can link to a remote resource folder.

We have around 200 dealers around the States. One aspect of my job is to create websites for our dealers using a customizable template. Creating a generic Hype item and dumping it into the template site is easy, but if we have to update it once it has been deployed, we’re screwed. Logging onto scads of separate sites and replacing resource files is untenable, especially when we have to play phone tag with dealers who have changed their admin passwords.

It sounds like you need a more flexible database-driven system that you can use to update these sites (Hype doesn’t sound like the correct solution for you).

If you had 300 sites all pointing a single web server, and you wanted to host all your Tumult Hype documents on that web server, that would be pretty easy. It’s just a matter of embedding the exported JavaScript file with a reference to the server you use.

I was hoping that I could simply swap the relative link for a URL. If I need to use JS, I would need a specific example.

(Back when I was a designer I was a wiz at Lingo and pretty decent at AS but never moved on to JS. Being top dawg now, and with staff reductions, the only time I have for JS / JQ is job-specific and as close to copy-and-paste as possible.)

If you wanted to embed a document on server A and load content from server B it's just a matter of including an absolute URL as opposed to a relative URL on server A:

This:

<div id="test_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:600px;height:400px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite">
	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="test.hyperesources/test_hype_generated_script.js?5345"></script>
</div>

Becomes this (the source includes serverb.com)

<div id="test_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:600px;height:400px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite">
	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://serverb.com/test.hyperesources/test_hype_generated_script.js?5345"></script>
</div>

You do know that you deserve a raise, right? This may have been an easy one, but you do a consistently great job.

In case Jonathan doesn’t know, fleet leases are available for Lamborghinis.

1 Like