Button Hover Colour Change Clashing with Mouseover/out events

Is any one else getting this, Is this a known Bug?

If I have a group with a timeline animation that is triggered by mouseover and reversed by mouseout. All good.
But if I have a button in the group and I set the button to change colour on hover and the Timeline is running or has run, while the mouse is still within the group, if I the mouse over the button, the timeline will reset.

If I have a similar group but the Button has no hover colour change all works as it Should.

ButtonHoverBug.hype.zip (49.8 KB)

1 Like

Yup, when I run as instructed it does happen as you describe. Also, if you set the button state to ‘Pressed’ then click and drag out of the button, the color sticks.

1 Like

Thanks Greg,

Does it do the same if you create a similar project yourself.

1 Like

No it does not, it seems to act as expected. I just did a simple doc to test it. (Maybe I'm missing one of your steps, not sure tho)
hover-test.hype.zip (12.7 KB)

EDIT: I put the hover actions on the button, not the group - sorry. When I put the action on the group it does as your example does. It looks like as soon as I unHover the button it restarts the timeline.

Thanks, Greg.

Need to get this filed as a Bug.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this – I can reproduce. It looks like unhovering that button resets all timelines on the scene, setting them back to time 0. Since both the larger rectangle and the button element require a constant ‘hover’, we may need to do something special here to avoid this case.

1 Like

I was literally just typing out a Bug report. Do I still need to do that or will you log it. :smile:

2 Likes

Filling now – thanks!

2 Likes