Using Hype with MS Sharepoint

I’d like to use Hype docs with our Sharepoint environment but SP requires that HTML be loaded into a content editor web part, with images into the image library, and scripts into the doc library. Since the HTML5 export assumes everything is in one folder, I’m wondering how I can get the scripts to work since none of the URLs generated by Hype point to the proper locations?

I’m not too familiar with SharePoint beyond its general purpose, but you may be able to change the script reference to something like:

<!-- copy these lines to your document: -->

<div id="index_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:600px;height:400px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite">
		<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="./index_hype_generated_script.js?77548"></script>
	</div>

<!-- end copy -->

(basically removing the reference to the .hyperesources folder in the script’s src).

Alternatively if you can post the hype document in a public URL then you can host the assets elsewhere and change the src to a http:// URL pointing to the document (or use an iframe).

Thanks for the help. Linking directly to the script inside a Sharepoint folder does work.

1 Like

DanS or Jonathan, have either of you had success with embedding Hype content in a SharePoint 2016 Communication team site with content loaded directly into a Document Library of that same site?

I don’t have access to a SharePoint site, so I cannot say. I’d approach it by first trying a simple .html file and expanding out from there. There’s nothing too unique about Hype’s HTML, aside from you’ll need to be able to access resources beyond just the .html page and javascript is required.

Hi All.
has anyone had any luck using Hype with Sharepoint?
I can’ seem to work out how to do so.