Using Hype with MS Sharepoint

(Dan Snodgrass) #1

I’d like to use Hype docs with our Sharepoint environment but SP requires that HTML be loaded into a content editor web part, with images into the image library, and scripts into the doc library. Since the HTML5 export assumes everything is in one folder, I’m wondering how I can get the scripts to work since none of the URLs generated by Hype point to the proper locations?

(Jonathan Deutsch) #2

I’m not too familiar with SharePoint beyond its general purpose, but you may be able to change the script reference to something like:

<!-- copy these lines to your document: -->

<div id="index_hype_container" style="margin:auto;position:relative;width:600px;height:400px;overflow:hidden;" aria-live="polite">
		<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="./index_hype_generated_script.js?77548"></script>
	</div>

<!-- end copy -->

(basically removing the reference to the .hyperesources folder in the script’s src).

Alternatively if you can post the hype document in a public URL then you can host the assets elsewhere and change the src to a http:// URL pointing to the document (or use an iframe).

(Dan Snodgrass) #3

Thanks for the help. Linking directly to the script inside a Sharepoint folder does work.