Timestamps for .png export

Hi,

There is one thing that would be super cool when exporting the .png frames. Right now we can export an entire sequence of .png frames with a given fps rate. That produces quite a lot of files, and sometimes - which in my case at work is always :wink: - I need only specific frames for a pdf document for quality control and legal review.

So if there was an additional export option that would only produce the frames at the given timestamps, defined during export or by a special timeline marker, that would be great.

I guess anyone who has to generate a single BU image for DCM would also benefit from not producing a bunch of useless frames?

Besides that an option to add a suffix or a prefix to the actual filenames, not only naming the folder, would be great. That would allow for skipping another additional step outside of Hype.

2 Likes

Thanks for the requests!

The upcoming (v4.0.0) version of Hype has the ability to capture a poster/backup image based on the current view in the scene. The primary use case is for ads, but this shot can also be used for other purposes if need be. I’d actually love to get more feedback on the feature; if you’re interested can you sign up for the beta and message when done?

1 Like

Hi Jonathan,

I am actually singned up for the Beta already, but I must have missed the feature the last time I launched it. Which was a long time ago… but I will definitely find some time to test it out this week.

2 Likes

+1 one for that - it's a very surprising omission that wastes a lot of time.

What ever Hype does in the future - You can use Automator now. Easy to set-up file re-naming actions (among a ton of other capabilities) - and You only need to do it once.

You can:
• Drag the files into "smart" folders to trigger the action.
• Run it from a Finder context menu (i.e. "Services").
• Run the re-naming action on its own.

Hundreds of "renamed" files processed in a second or two (based on my experience).

===================

An example of using a context menu (right clicking) to run an Automator action as a Service. In this case I wish to run an action on a group of images - putting keywords into the image file's "Comment" field for future Spotlight searches.

• Select the desired images in the folder and right-click.
• Select "Set Spotlight Comments" (a service I had previously set-up).
• Enter the desired keywords - or use the default terms You could have created.

Done.

Automator%20Services

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up.

I’d still like a box to enter a prefix for file generation and save myself that hassle.

1 Like

Here's how to add a prefix to a list of files in Finder in a few seconds (no hassle):

15%20PM
31%20PM

Then you get:

mysequence00000.png
mysequence00001.png
mysequence00002.png
mysequence00003.png
mysequence00004.png
mysequence00005.png
1 Like

Thank you.

I still think Hype should have an option to add that prefix.

1 Like